The Electronic SmartDoor™ Pet Door gives your pet a key to the house so he can come and go as he pleases. Using radio-frequency technology, the pet door reads the unique signal of a SmartKey™ worn on your pet’s collar and triggers the battery power-driven flap to unlock. When the pet door no longer senses your pet’s SmartKey™ Collar Key, the flap automatically locks back into place. The SmartDoor™ can detect up to 5 programmed SmartKey™ Collar Keys and also operates in 2 other modes, fully locked mode and unlocked mode. Locked mode does not allow entry or exit for any pet and unlocked mode allows entry and exit for all pets.
We can install this pet door for you into glass windows, glass hinged (in/out style doors) and timber doors Melbourne wide, if handy the easy DIY instructions are included (see video below) or we can send via courier with email tracking at no additional cost to you for a local installer to complete the installation process. Due to the wider side on profile width of this door it will not fit into sliding doors as it will not allow the door to slide. These doors are made to suit timber door and wall installation but with a little thinking outside the box can be installed into glass as well, please speak to us as trade qualified glaziers if you wish to know more about this process. If installation is either in a screen door or a timber door with associated screen door please check the distance between the two doors to allow a decent gap in between to ensure the doors still close with ease.
- New and improved design
- 3 programmable modes: Automatic, Locked and Unlocked
- Easily program up to 5 SmartKey™ Collar Keys with a touch of a button
- Large flap size suits taller dogs (fitted up off the ground higher for easy access)
- Or fit lower to ground for shorter dogs, medium dogs and cats. Ideal in multi pet height home due to flap size
- For dogs and cats up to 45 kg
- Fits most doors 3.8 – 5cm thick
- Easy do-it-yourself installation
- Electronic lock
- Uses 4 x D-cell batteries (not included)
- Battery usually lasts 1 year
- Low battery indicator
The SmartDoor™ Pet Door can detect up to 5 programmed SmartKey™ Collar Keys and also operates in two other modes: fully locked mode and unlocked mode. Locked mode does not allow entry or exit for any pet and unlocked mode allows entry and exit for all pets.
How Electronic Doors work
The door reads the unique signal of the key on your pet’s collar and triggers the flap to unlock. When the door no longer senses your pet’s key, the flap automatically locks back into place. Each key is programmed to only let that pet use the door, so other pets or stray animals can’t use the pet door.
- Give your cat access to the litter box or your bedroom while keeping the dog out
- Keep your cat in and let your dog out
- Let your pets out during the day and keep them in at night
- Prevent strays or other animals from entering
- Door frame with 1 flap
- 1 waterproof SmartKey™ Collar Key with battery *We stock additional SmartKeys for purchase.
- Key ring
- Mounting screws
- Cutting template – to suit timber door installation, read on for more info
- Operating Guide
Door Sizing Chart
Suits –up to 45kg and small pets or multi pet sized homes to allow greater ease of access.
Frame Dimensions – 645mm tall x 445mm wide
Flap Opening – 425mm tall x 330 top – 230mm bottom wide (shaped)
Cut Out Size – Timber door template provided, 397 mm x 591 mm – suggested for timber door installation. Other install applications will vary cut out size and the pet door itself can be used as a template guide.
Handy Fitting & Product Info Video
PetSafe Smart Door™ Installation and Training(3:56)
Small children can pass through door. Read statement at Petsafe Australia if you would like further information.
Accessories We Stock For This Door –
One SmartKey is included in the purchase of your SmartDoor
Add an additional pet to your Electronic SmartDoor™ Pet Door or replace your current SmartKey™ Collar Key. Our innovative Smart Door™ Pet Door recognises the SmartKey™ Collar Key worn on your pet’s collar and unlocks the pet door. After your pet has passed through and the pet door no longer senses your pet’s SmartKey™ Collar Key, the pet door automatically locks back into place. Up to 5 SmartKeys™. Collar Keys can be programmed.
Click on Additional SmartKey to purchase!